By 2027, we aim to have achieved or made significant progress towards two goals in pursuit of our vision:
1. State authorities, businesses, and other non-state actors engaged by Equidem:
- know their human rights responsibilities and understand the ways in which marginalised groups are excluded from human rights protections
- address current and emerging gaps in the protection of marginalised and minority groups
- ensure laws and regulations that exist to protect human rights are effectively implemented and enforced
- are held accountable for human rights abuses that they perpetrate or fail to prevent, and provide appropriate remedies to affected rightsholders.
2. Equidem is connecting and capacitating civil society as enablers of our vision and goals, and transforming the human rights movement, with the effect that:
- the international human rights movement is inclusive of marginalised and minority groups in its non-political advocacy for all people to exercise all their human rights without distinction
- national and international civil society organisations are connecting and collaborating in genuine coalitions, complementing each other’s work in their collective non-political advocacy for human rights locally and globally
- the local human rights community is inspired and informed by Equidem’s success in finding creative ways to progress human rights in countries where there is limited space for civil society or the prospect of positive human rights change.